Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Threaded troubles and possibilities


Well ...I thought I was more disciplined, but seem to be not true:o) every day posting it's probably not for me. A few month ago I've begun to play with threaded closure objects. At the beginning there were lockets. A few notes for myself - do not mix different shrinkage clays!!! a lot of fixing after that! but I manage and they all looked and worked well (actually not, one of them still in "fix it area")

 ©2012 Inga Zeitlin
Lockets: copper, bronze, steel

 You see...  I'm a multitasker by nature, can't do just one thing at time. If I'm working with jewelry, Photoshop or driving in the traffic -I listen to audio book, if I'm painting- the music. And looks like that I like multitasking in my jewelry too. I need: it will look nice, adorns me and has additional function, like keeping dear to my hart things, protecting from environmental influence  (metaphysics and physics altogether :o)
  ©2011 Inga Zeitlin
The Sirian Seal pendant

 Or,  as I decided with the threaded closure possibility,  have exchangeable possibilities. From there came the next idea of exchangeable rings and earrings. And here did come next note: do not mix different firing temperature clays in threaded closure objects. Because if you have to do any fixing (or have sintering issues with higher temperature firing clay) you will need to fire all parts again. Any firing will give some small shrinkage and the screw-in and screw-on parts won't  fit.


 ©2012 Inga Zeitlin
Ring: copper, bronze, steel, resin

 You live and learn, so after ring project I was smarter and earrings went nice and smooth:o)




 ©2012 Inga Zeitlin
Earrings: copper, bronze

No comments:

Post a Comment