Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gray head-young spirit


Just a story to remind that not always gray hair means old in soul. Recently we attended friend's son's Barmitzva. Full  gathering of  friends and of course family. As usually at the table there are a lot of talks about traditions and Jewish  traditional food. My husband remembered one of the desert cookies that his grandma was making many many years ago. I remembered that in my childhood just my aunt could do that, because it is very complicated recipe and not many could manage that. Our friend tells me "Ask my mom she knows how to do". I of course went through the tables to the gray-headed grand grandma and asking if she will share THE recipe. She tells "Sure , no problem, I'll e-mail it to you!" I was laughing all way to my table! Our friend told how she learned using computer and internet, how she "infected" all her friends with that "virus" and now they sit next to laptops and chatting via the Skype from all around the world :o) Then I remember how about 15 years ago my rabbi (then he was about 75+) was writing memoirs for his family members and he knew that, his grandchildren hardly would open these notes and read his handwriting memories, so he bought computer , books and was learning how to use that box:o) I was so astonished that I told him "Whatever you want or need  I'm ready to be your teacher!" I just so amazed with these kind of old/young people that do not close themselves in the past, but go forward no matter what, embrace  life  and continue to be example of an open mind and a young soul to people surrounding them. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment