Thursday, February 28, 2013

Reno in process



So now I'm deeply occupied  into my basement reno process and anything else kind of drifted away. Reading, watching YouTube, reading again, asking question. And again Home depot is a bad place to ask questions - you will get or bad answer or stupid question back to your inquiry. That one was the joke of the day... A few days ago I'd bought reciprocating saw, not the best quality, so the blade waved just after a few uses. I've decided to buy better more expensive blade, but wasn't sure if it would work with my saw. I've picked up a few blades and stopped the customer service guy in front of boxes of "my saw" and asked if these blades will work with this saw, because the originals just waved after a few uses. The guy looked at me, probably thinking that I should be blonde (well... I wasn't) and asked me "Do you know that saw goes back and forth?" ....No comments... right? So I didn't, I just asked "Can you answer just one word - "Yes" or "No" if THIS blade works with THIS saw?" I've got right answer and left HD as soon as I can. I know that I will be returning there (it's the closed to my home), but the best is do research on line, then grab needed product and done with that.
And here we had a few visual illustrations about the work flow:
1. Framing work of the exterior wall, as always supervised by Archie the PITA is that I don't have good driver or framing gun and all screwed holes should be pre-drilled :o( but furring is done and almost the framing...



2. Here you adapt your two hands and smart ideas, when need four hands:o) vacuuming and working with  the saw and no dust.
 



3. For my dream shower we need to move the entrance door, so the demolition days and cleaning after too



4. Plumbing is done by professional (two things that I'll never touch is - electrical and plumbing), but concrete pouring is my part (and Archie must check my every step:o) and from leftovers of concrete - concrete bowl. It was the last minute spur. I remembered from some forum idea about two guys making beautiful bowls here the link




 4. It appears that to find mini sink in reasonable price range is practically impossible, so I decided to make myself custom made concrete mini sink, that will be glass mosaic inside and outside .... I need to think. Will show the result when I done. The process pretty much simple: two plastic containers from the dollar store, pvc pipe that's equal strainer's diameter, modeling clay, oil spray. There are two ways of pouring - in or out.  I decided on "out" - filled the bigger container with the concrete and pushed in the small one.



No comments:

Post a Comment