Friday, February 14, 2014

Winter topic continue



Long time I was looking at felted winter boots and wanting to make ones, but always there was a out-sole issue, couldn't find any that the form would be good, the price reasonable and the size would fit. This week some errands brought me to Walmart and specifically to shoe aisle (that practically never happen). And to my joy I found THE out-sole for my winter boots - slippers for sale just 3$ and the perfect form and the perfect size. Yappy!!!  So here you have DIY tutorials for felted winter boot :o)))
1. Find outsoles. 2. Felt the booties. 3. Glue it. 4. Enjoy the winter walk :o)))



 And to tell the truth I'd never felt sooo comfy and warm at the dog park through all the winter.
 
Other experiments were at the soap front. I like one company's body care products, they have very specific fragrance that I like, but one minus - they don't sell online the soap. As they say "Necessity is the mother of invention ". My son bought me soap making kit for Christmas after he saw me "playing" with felted soap. At some moment the bulb lightened up and I decided to try and make my own favorite soap. I had a bottle of perfume, that practically didn't use because body lotion and deodorant were more than enough I used soap kit's melt and pour soap base, added a few oils and ... Voilà! I have my favorite fragrance soap.  Of course it is addictive, so I tried all kinds of smells and mixes: dead sea mud, milk and honey, Himalayan sea salt, seaweeds and aloe vera, sea buckthorn oil and all kind of other oils. The sky is the limit and I'm still playing :o))) For now the important part is useful ingredients then I'll play with the appearance.  



And one more "invention" for my pool shower supplies- felted soap with handle and soap case, so I won't need any bags for shower necessities. The idea is simple - soap, sponge and case as one item and you can simple hang it on the towel hanger, no wet bags or baskets.  And of course this time my own soap without any SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). By the way a lot of people are allergic to it, so if you have some strange reaction to your tooth paste, check the ingredients, chances are your oral tissue reacts to this chemical.




No comments:

Post a Comment