Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tools and accessories for felting



Felting is a big workout, but old masters have a lot of right tools to help the process to make it shorter and easier. When surfing internet and watching youtube videos a few times I'd seen a very useful tool that I remembered from ethnographic museums and my childhood - mangle board for "ironing" bed sheets. In  my childhood that tool you could find just in rural villages, but any way I remembered that tool and the process itself. So a few weeks I had an idea in my head to purchase or to make myself the mangle board. I checked ebay and understood that this is out of my reach, so hey .. I'm handywoman I can do that:o))) What you need? Home depot near you and mitre saw or other handy power tool:o) Of course would be nice to have handles as in original version, but for now it will do;o)





Also I tried to use or let's say accessorize one pair of slippers. Some hole puncher, eyelets, coarse thread. Here you go... before and after. It looks more finished, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment