Monday, November 5, 2012

Hands full



So I have tested my new mangle board - it's perfect!! If you do heavy-duty felting, don't even think, make it or buy it. It really helps to shorten the process and helps a lot to get that sturdy felt texture/consistency.
I also tried a few new things. Well ... never thought I would get into girly stuff as flower's or ball's felting:o) it just not me:o) but sometimes the
structure or let's say form of the slipper ask for something like that ,so you do what you need to do:o) also tried to make and glue -out soles. Not sure if I'll do more, don't see exactly the reason... but I needed to try.

Plus still "fighting" my threaded construction mix with hardware locket. But at least I can see "the  light at the end of the tunnel". And that is encouraging:o) That is my positive thinking part:o)

Meanwhile "doggie tip" ... today I have been reminded, that my pup is still a pup and not all commands are "must do" from his point of view. And erased another myth - the pups after neutering became calm and more obedient. Ha..... today  at the dog park Archie stole a  glove from one of the dog owners and no way he was ready to give it back ( no treats worked to lure the glove from him) even more, he decided it was good to eat, so.. he ate it:o(  I was soooooo mad when at the end I've caught him I even wasn't scared about possible bad/expensive consequences of this. Took him home right away as a punishment - "no more play time", but on my way home my head apparently worked right direction,  thinking what  should I do?! Actually there were two possibilities: olive oil (a lot of it) or salt water with peroxide. It sounds strange but these are two ways to get the glove out of the dog (forwards or backwards:o))) dog people will understand me:o) To tell the truth I didn't have big expectations with salt water and peroxide, but to my surprise after a half cup of that mixture (poured into unhappy Archie's throat) and a few minutes late, Archie's gag reflex worked wonders and glove came out (forwards :o) Happy ending!!

No comments:

Post a Comment