Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Soapy mood



I got into soap making/witching mood :o) Love the herbal mixes, oil infusing and searching about oils and herbs and their benefits to skin and overall health. I think in all woman there is the witch in side and the possibility of creating your one "wonder mix" during the soap making gives somehow amazing feeling. Besides I did extreme testing to my soaps - by felting my wool slippers. If after 3-5 hours in soapy process my hands feel as being in spa treatment, I think this is a good soap, besides all PH readings are 7 and superfat - from 7 to 10. But these are just numbers, most important factor is feeling of smooth hands ( and every felter knows exactly what I mean). All soaps are made from skin loving oils as olive, coconut, grapeseed, avocado, safflower, sunflower, Shea butter... plus all kind of additional luxury special treatments for the skin : 

 
Whitening - papaya, milk, charcoal     /  Nourishing - Avocado-cucumber, milk

 

Cappuccino - Goat milk, coconut milk, yogurt, whey (coffee, according to article from Skin Ageing: Natural Weapons and Strategies, from US National Library of Medicine, is very strong photoageing product)




Man's spa - Banana milk, dead sea mud, charcoal/ Beer, whey, charcoal
Really treat for our men, besides all the goodies these soaps has additional fragrance oils that strongly distinguish from unisex or women soaps ( fresh marine with warm sandalwood and more).


Soothing - honey, alkanet root infused oil, calendula infused oil, sea buckhorn oil



Camouflage - turmeric-green tee, goat milk, zinc oxide, titanium oxide, activated charcoal, green French clay ( UV protection properties soap)


Antibacterial - sea salt, ginger  - green tea, pine needle infused oil, sea buckhorn oil, calendula infused oil. But mainly importance is - four thieve essential oils mix that gives this soap strong antibacterial/antiviral properties.



silky deodorant - silk, turmeric powder, Arnica Flowers infused oil, alum, carrot pure. Besides the alum that works as natural deodorant I added essential oils the reduce the unwanted odor (as lemon, cinnamon and orange)


And of course I'm in prep mode for Carlisle Country Craft and Old-fashioned Market days and easy easy adding more eco friendly slippers to my collection






 

No I did not forget my workbench. Just finished one more tutorial and a bracelet that was waiting a long time and made me feel guilty and all excuses for "not enough time" just not good enough.



And the best news - looks like the summer is coming. To tell the truth I was pretty pessimistic.



Our neighbor's cats are out for sunshine warm and Archie is very very interested in these "strange animals"  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment