Thursday, April 5, 2012

Doggie problem tip


Something from the LIFE. Did you notice that when you have kids you became knowledgeable in babies illnesses and food prep and all these must know little things about babies. Well... when you have puppy, you became expert in all your neighborhood dog breeds, dog foods and home remedies for dogs. A few month ago we had a new addition to our family - labradoodle Archie. 

 
But before this big event I conducted a very deep research (almighty internet!!!) about breeds, theirs characteristics and of course food, genetic diseases and veterinary secrets, how to heal your dog with home remedies if needed.  Funny thing is, the more you know, the more problems you see. We had dog 16 years and just last 2 years we had acknowledge the vet existence (besides yearly vaccination, that I did just last 6 years), never had any problems, that I couldn't treat myself. Now, after a big research I realized, that I was right not over vaccinating my dog, and understood that former vet was malpracticing  when vaccinating and treating my old and sick dog. Now I'm internet smart and not being that naive client for any vet. And just got poof of that. Archie a month ago had swallowed part of pantyhose (part of my felting set not very well hidden), luckily I was close to him, and got him gagging it back and was able to pull out the pantyhose, but Archie left with damaged/irritated intestines.  Well... Archie ended up with 24 hours diet: camomile tea with honey (fed with syringe because he wouldn't take in himself), then 24 hours with probiotic yoghourt and after that he was like new:o) Today in the dog park I've heard a similar story, but the owner a young guy and didn't know what to do, ended up with 1300$ bill. Poor dog was 3 days in hospital with IV and still on meds. But at least he is happy and playful as he was again. Expensive, stressful but with good end story. You live and learn?!

No comments:

Post a Comment