Sunday, April 8, 2012

Poetry time


Today I've opened Paulo Coelho's Blog  and found a beautiful poem that has led me to R.Tagore's  poetry. A few thoughts  from his "Stray Birds":

THANK the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.
*
IF you shut your door to all errors truth will be shut out.
*
HE who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.
*
WHAT you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow.
*
That reminded me one of mine favorite Lithuanian poet V. Macernis and his triolets that I still keep in my head from high school times.
I know Google translator is terrible, but I fixed a little to get a better sense 

Once I had believed in love -
I was a fool of faith,
I wanted to find the same silly as me.
Once I had believed in love:
Ethereal and beautiful fairy tale ...
They would not dare to hurt it.
Once I had believed in love -
I was a fool of faith.
**********************
Now I am very wise -
Named skeptic myself.
Although there is a lack of faith and love,
Now I am very wise,
Stagnant in cold sorrow space,
With glacial tears in the eyes,
Now I am very wise -
Named skeptic myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment