Saturday, April 28, 2012

Midnight Dew Ring


Well..It's been a long play, but at the end I've got result that I wanted and happy with. Midnight Dew Ring: Verdigris patina (green), Antique patina (black shank) and a cute little fresh water pearl. Verdigris patina required many layers since metal clay is really very porous relatively to metal sheet. So it takes chemical as sponge. I lost my count applying it, just stopped when was close to color I wanted. After 24 hours the color intensify so I just let chemicals work their route. And here is the result.

Midnight Dew Ring
© 2012 Inga Zeitlin 

I just have found very appropriate words for that picture

 Sinks gently back upon her flowery couch   
The startled Night;—tinkle the damp wood-vaults  

While slip the dew-pearls from her leafy curtains.   

That last soft, whispering note, how spirit-like!   

While vainly yet mine ear another waits,   

A sad, sweet longing lingers in my heart.

(from:  Western States: Huron, the River, Mich.
To a Swan Flying at Midnight
Louis Legrand Noble (1813–1882)



No comments:

Post a Comment