Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sealing ammonium patina and ...



You remember my happy post about the ancient bronze (see below) Well I ruined it. Put overbright coating and something went wrong (maybe too much, maybe that coating doesn't work with ammonium patina... who knows) so I madly began to sand it, then Oops! remembered to pictured my failure, so somebody won't get into same trouble. 

before sealing and after sealing with overbright (and part that I sanded in my hysterics:o)


Second time ammonium didn't want to stick to bronze, it took a few days and a few cleanings and dippings into salt water. Now it's more... let's say  "colorful", still with some bronze patches, but much more better then after sealing. Now I'm sealing just with renaissance wax, so far it kept my patinas more or less OK. So here you go..


before and after renaissance wax. much more acceptable, but I'm still considering throwing the piece back to kiln......


Meanwhile... finished some Canadian sliver (roving) and now fully immersing into Lithuanian wool, that is much more finer in microns and that means much more shrinkage. I did thought about, but definitely not enough, because I've got very nice felted sturdy slippers, but 2 cm smaller then needed :o( oh well.. that what we call real life experience, don't we? :o)))



No comments:

Post a Comment